Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Zuma Affair

There seems to be a huge debate on at the moment around a cartoon by Zapiro about Zuma raping our justice system. This morning on Goodhope FM, the ever popular Nigel remarked on how he thinks Zapiro crossed the line this time. Specially knowing that a woman gets raped every 12 minutes in South Africa. I normally don't have an opinion on political issues that doesn't bother me, but this does bug me. I think Zapiro intended to illustrate how Zuma raped someone, and got away with it, because he fucked the justice system, and is now continuing to do so by trying to stop enquiries into his shady past. I think his cartoon is exactly right. Jacob Zuma is by no means an example of a model citizen, and is the most corrupt and morally unjust person in the country, and is now wanting to run the country. Zapiro won an award at the South African Comedy Awards for best humorous cartoonist, and in his acceptance speech he said that this cartoon was not meant to be funny, and if you think it is funny, there is something wrong with you.

No comments:

My Travells