Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Lucca's Las

I feel so sorry for my little dog Lucca. He used to be such a nice loving friendly energetic little dog, with no issues and no problems, just happy to be alive and happy to be living with us. In the past two years he has developed all sorts of illnesses and little things that turned him into a real neurotic little anxious dog. It started with his bum. He had issues with his anal glands, where they were genetically not expressing themselves, so they had to be expressed manually for about 4 months. Eventually they got removed in a very scary operation, and then he started this anxious neurotic behaviour. he could not stop running around and trying to get away from his own bum. Then there were the many bites he had to endure. He got bitten about 4 times in a month. With one that made a very big scar for ever. Now he has developed a genetic disease in his ears that can not be cured but only controlled. The problem is it itches and he shakes his head uncontrollably. By doing this, he causes his ear tips to split and make sores. The sores will not heal because he keeps on shaking his head. Its turned my lovely little dog into a head shaking, neurotic, constantly running around, never giving love to anybody kinda dog. I also know that me leaving him alone over night as much as I used to in the past, has added to the way he is now. I am so sad and feel so sorry for him. He used to be such a friendly little bugger.

No comments:

My Travells