Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Comedy Awards

Last night we were lucky enough to go to the South African Comedy Awards. It was allot of fun. There were some great acts and really good awards. The Vodacom add "We've been having it" won the award for the best comedic advert. The surprise for the evening was that the Mayor Helen Zille walked out onto stage and presented an award. She was so funny and was great at it, but true to her German form, before she walked off, she cleared out the podium and took all the previous "envelopes" with her. Then Tristan also got his fix, and in fact is still talking about it and fantasising about it. Janez Vermeiren walked onto the stage as a presenter with his shirt off and pretended to be god's gift again. Tristan has a little crush on him, I think he has a nice body, but he is not my cup of tea. All in all it was a good night and tonight its off to the actual shows, and then on Saturday night its off to the Puppetry of the Penis show, but that's a story for another day.....

1 comment:

Darwin said...

Janez is REALLY not my cup of tea. Yes, he has a good body and I can see why everyone finds him attractive in a barbie doll kind of way, but if he takes off his top doing some random oddjob on Top Billing again I'm going to write in and complain.

Then again - If I looked like that I would probably exploit it as well...

My Travells