Friday, September 26, 2008

The United States Embassy

So I went to a swanky party at the US Embassy last night, where I met the US ambassador to South Africa and various other dignitaries and wanna be politicians. All in all it was a pretty boring party because everybody there seemed to know each other, and knew nobody, so I had to do the networking thing, but wasn't too into it, as there was nobody really important enough. The food was very mediocre and a little disappointing, but at least the Office Manager for the US embassy dragged me around the room introducing me to people who I will never remember like the US doctor and such. She is such a nice lady and such a down to earth person. After breakfast this morning at the V&A, I am ready for another day of sitting in the office killing myself coz nobody is working today, so there are no meetings set up.

No comments:

My Travells