Thursday, September 18, 2008

Audible, Loud, Offensive

There was a discussion this morning on Goodhope FM about how people's music in their cars are being played: Audible = You can hear it in your car. Loud = the guy in the next car can hear it. Offensive = the windows of the car 2km away are vibrating. There were a few people who phoned in and said it is extremely offensive when the music is so loud you cant even think. I just have two questions:

1) Barring one white guy I know ;-), why is it predominantly the coloured community who have this problem of playing the music so loud that it is offensive.


2) What is the deal with that? Why do you think you are so special or its your right to play your music so loud that nobody else around you can listen to their own music. Not everybody likes the same kinds of music, and just as I don't want to hear some bloke's collection of Bles Bridges hits blaring out of his car, I am sure nobody wants to hear my kind of music.


I believe it is pure arrogance that drives people to have their music this loud. They just don't care about anybody else, and very often use the phrases, if you don't like it, don't listen to it....well I don't listen to it, but you force me to listen to it because it is so loud that it drowns out any real music.


What they decided on the radio was that the motivation behind the big speakers and loud music was attention seeking, and that those people eventually grow up. I think it is just a total disrespect for anybody else, which is the primary driving force for teenagers in our country at the moment. So yes, grow up and start earning and giving respect to others around you!!

2 comments:

Tristan said...

I don't have an opinion on this!

JCLL said...

Spot the one white guy I know....

My Travells