Friday, August 15, 2008

Road Trip


Yesterday we did a road trip back from Mossel Baai, after the funeral and after the packing up of the house. It was a very emotional day for everybody there, and even I battled to be strong as I was missing my gran. We packed little Attila (my corsa bakkie) full of furniture to be brought back from Tristan's grandfather's place, and set off for the road back home. We didn't speak much as I think Tristan is still trying to digest the whole situation, but we drove through these fields upon fields of Canola flowers. They were beautiful and glowing yellow in the sun between the green fields. Barring having to stop every 70km to adjust the load on the back (actually only the blanket covering everything), the trip went fairly well and Attila did very well with the heavy load. As we got to Cape Town, we were greeted with one of the prettiest sunsets this year. Tristan is exhausted today, and I think it is all emotional exhaustion. Rest easy my babe.

No comments:

My Travells