Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dark Night

There is a saying, (from that ever wise man - Batman) 'the night is always darkest just before the light'. If this is the case, then I am expecting one hell of a bright flash when the sun rises again. Yesterday and today has been very trying. I found out yesterday that my company was in fact not closing down, they are just retrenching me, due to financial constraints. I realise its a business decision, but that doesn't make it better. I feel like crawling into a hole and staying there for a while. Naturally, I don't have another job yet, so after today, which is my last day, I am at home waiting for some good news, as I have applied to something. So it is very appropriate that today is so misty that you can't see in front of you. That is how I feel today. I can see this other job right in front of me, but it is not clear and I can only see it when I get right up to it. If I make a mistake here, like on the road in the mist, it can cause me to make an accident and crash!!

I love metaphors.....So needless to say, I might not be posting so often for the next few weeks, as I will not have access to a computer.

And now it is off to search for a job, while I waiter in Manhattans again, at age 32....God sure knows how to humble a bloke!!

2 comments:

Darwin said...

That really sucks. Holding thumbs (and everything else) for you and a new job.

I have had friends go through this, and what always interests me is how pride gets in the way they refuse to do anything about their situation - so good on you for making a plan and waitering!

Christiaan van "Hotspur" said...

Weet jy neef hulle se dat goeie dinge gebeur met goeie mense...Ek weet dat hierdie ook sal uitwerk en alles gebeur mos altyd vir die regte rede....Al le die regte rede onder n klip en agter n berg

My Travells