Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Olympics and a Fat belly

So I am lying here in bed watching the Olympics with the sound turned down, coz Tristan is still sleeping, and I cant help but look at all these well toned, extremely fit athletes competing in their various sports and doing so well and looking so good. This of course after I was called fat twice last night. So needless to say I am feeling a little less than gorgeous today. I think I will make my way to gym.....and spend the entire day there. It is amazing how we are so body conscious and aesthetically programmed, no matter what we say to others, that a little remark about how our body shapes have changed still does make us feel crap, even if it is just for a little while, and even if it is just a little crap. Yea, I think I am going to drag my whale-blubber-body out of bed and spend the whole day at gym, and have celery for lunch.

1 comment:

Darwin said...

Fat? who called you fat? Show me the fat? Or do you airbrush your pictures ;-)

I hear what you are saying, I drove to Clifton yesterday and there were all sorts of hot boys jogging next to the sea with their perfect bodies. I will be gymming full time from now on...

My Travells