Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lucca's ear

I am a little worried about my oldest (dog) ear. He has had these dry tips for a long time, and the vet assured me its nothing to worry about. Problem is now that he has developed a sore on the left ear tip and it is getting bigger and it is irritating him more and more now. Yesterday I got home and my entire kitchen was redecorated with red blood spats on EVERYTHING. Washing machine, oven, doors, floor. It was like little sprays of blood, and the wound on his ear was open again and he had blood all on his neck. Clearly it opened and he shook his head, coz he does that constantly at the moment. This is however a superficial problem. I know my dog very well, and he has been through ALLOT. He is extremely sensitive and at the moment he is not in a good frame of mind. He is used to having me around all the time. I used to leave him alone for work, but was there right after work, and took him for walks everyday. Now I spend much less time at home, and when I am at home, it is only to sleep, so I get home, and we go straight to bed. He doesn't get to see me as much at all anymore, and I don't go for as many walks with them. I realise my House is not perfect and it is not bright and cheerful, but it is still my house, and I still live there for the next few months, and I want to spend more time at home and with my dogs. I know I sound like a pathetic queen about his dogs, but it was Lucca who was there for me through everything I have been through, and I am his protector and only "alpha dog". I will see what the vet has to say this afternoon.

2 comments:

Tristan said...

See what the vet says. And then write to Dr Platzhund. Explain that your boyfriend has kept you away from your babies and that he is mean and nasty to them...
...joking, I love them and hope that all is okay with Lucca the "chocolate muffin".

JCLL said...

You are so funny, and I love you so much!!!! and so do the boys...they tell me, everynight

My Travells