Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mechanics of Relationships

Why can being with someone and loving someone not be easy. Why do we have to battle through this endless mine field of trip wire, that could ignite an entire lifetime of burns. What do you do, do you just run through them as fast as you can, knowing you will trip them all off but hope that by running the effect of the tripwire will miss you. Or do you carefully tip-toe around the tripwire so you don't set anything off, and thereby go through the entire field on your toes always balancing and always scared you are going to fall. Do you turn your head away from the blast every time you set off a wire, in the hopes that if you don't see the blast, it cant hurt you. What is the right way of dealing with these wires. Maybe it is just the chemistry of working together to get the perfect mix of how to handle them. Something that both of you would be happy to do when you do encounter a nasty tripwire. The problem lies in what is the perfect middle ground. I might have set off a tripwire again, and true to my form, I ran through it as fast as I can, hoping that on the other side, I was out and it was off and done. Well, its a very long process this loving someone. And these darn tripwires sure don't make it any easier.

1 comment:

Tristan said...

I don't know about a trip wire, it's more like a fuse that goes off.

My Travells