Thursday, June 19, 2008

Share

Last night was a very emotional night. A very close friend had an anniversary for clean for a year. I made my way to me second ever NA meeting, and it was emotionally charged form the first minute. My friend shared about her life and where she is now and others shared about their experiences. I felt so unbelievably lucky. Lucky because I have never experienced the harsh situations they were in, and lucky because I was sitting in a room full of people who had all at some stage of their lives been in such a dark and dangerous place, but have somehow come out of that and realised they have a problem, and were busy fixing it. Not many people get to that realisation in their lives. Most of us go through our entire lives thinking "that's so normal". I am just so blessed to have my friend around in such a sober state, because there is so much I can take in of her in this state and she is such an amazing person that you just want to be with her all the time.

I love you, and Congratulations on such an amazing milestone!!!

2 comments:

Darwin said...

That is a wonderful achievement, and she is lucky to have you there for support!

Discovered your blog in passing, love it.

JCLL said...

Thanks mate....keep on reading, it only gets better...

My Travells