Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Back Door

I had a chat to a friend of mine today, as we both sat waiting to be interviewed for the same job. We spoke about many things but the one thing that I remembered most was when we spoke about love and lovers and the past. He made such a good point, that I have proven myself. You can not go on with the future or with anything in the future, if you haven't dealt with and closed the book on the past. I think of my house in Walmer Estate. I keep the back door open for the dogs all the time. When I get guest, and it is windy, I can not open the front door unless I have closed the back door first. If I do, the wind will slam the back door and probably break something in the process. Therefore, deal with the back door first and close it, before you open the front door, otherwise you might break not just our heart, but that of others. I have closed that back door, and when I opened the front door, the wind drifted in bringing with it the sweet smell of the flowers and the rain that fills my house.

No comments:

My Travells