Thursday, June 26, 2008

Pro's and Con's of Joburg


There are some things about Joburg that I like and even miss. Things like the frost on a winters morning, covering everything in a blanket of white crystals. Transforming the city into a fantasy wonderland out of a Luc Besson movie. I miss the cold nights where you have to sleep under a feather duvet and another duvet AND a blanket. I miss my friends and my family. But then I have to make one early morning trip to Pretoria and my whole they of Joburg changes. There are soo many cars on the road like drone ants all following each other to a fantam nest. Rows of ants inching forward towards nothing. The worst of all about the traffic is that there is no reason for it. There are no traffic lights, there are no stops, there is no accident. Its just a bunch of idiots who forget how to drive when there are more than 10 cars on the road. I miss Cape Town, I miss my 7 min trip to the office. I miss my dogs and I miss Nana.

No comments:

My Travells