Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Arabic Life

I have often wondered about this reincarnation thing. I naturally don't believe in it, as it goes against my Christian values, but why is it then that I, a very Afrikaans young man, am so interested in the Arabic culture and music and countries. Might it be that I was an Arabic prince in a previous life, or even better, a Sufi from Persia. That sounds awfully nice and something I could so get into and milk for a while. Maybe its just that I like alternative cultures, or maybe I have watched one too many Falcon production! Whatever the reason, I prefer Arabic music to Afrikaans music, I love the Arabic countries, I love Arabic architecture and have always fantasised about wearing a Thobe or specially a Bisht (look it up). Maybe its just my inner drag queen wanting to come out (Bruce, are they hidden or do the come out from the beginning?).

1 comment:

Bruce said...

You were an Arabic peasant girl in a former life my friend not a prince. Its this life in which you're royalty. The queen of Princess street!

My Travells