Friday, June 27, 2008

Good Bye

Its always so difficult for me to leave Joburg and go home, even if I don't like it here anymore. Its difficult because I have to leave my family behind again. Its difficult because I only get one night in about 6 months with my family. I miss them so much and its like loosing a family member or a loved one every time I leave. I feel sad because I think about how my folks are getting older and how they are stuck here in this crime ridden invested city, and I fear for their safety. I get sad because my sister, who cant fend for herself, drives around alone and is vulnerable, and has a daughter who has to grow up in this horrible place.

Every time I leave Joburg to go home, I feel like I am leaving another piece of me behind. Will I ever be ok to leave my family and return home? Saying good bye is the saddest thing at the best of times, but when I say good bye to my family, its like I die a little inside.

No comments:

My Travells