Monday, June 2, 2008

The Broken Heart

I had a conversation last night. When you start seeing someone, you always get told by everybody around you, to not 'fall too fast' and 'take it slow' and 'hold back'. Why the hell would you want to do that? I have never understood those statements. When I fall in love with someone, I can only love with my whole heart and whole being. There is nothing better than giving yourself completely over to someone else and placing your emotions and heart in their hands. Its that unconditional surrender of self that makes life and love so interesting. Yes, there is the possibility that you will get hurt. They might drop your heart and shatter it into millions of pieces. I always imagine the heart to be like Mercury. All those millions of pieces find their way back to each other and melt together to form your heart again. Sure every time when they melt together again the heart doesn't quite look the same as the last time, but those are the scars and bumps and cracks that forms your heart and gives it character. There is no other way for me but to love with my whole being. To me, that is what a relationship is all about. Its like taking a piece of green clay and a piece of red clay and mushing it together. You get one piece of clay, with streaks of green and streaks of red. And if you keep on mushing it and playing with it, you get a piece if clay with a totally new colour. So my advise to everybody is, be daring, be reckless, entrust your heart to someone else, if they drop it, then get those pieces to together and patch it up again, but can you imagine how spectacular it would be if that person cherishes and loves and caresses it and heals all the broken pieces and scars. I will risk the break to have a little bit of caressing.

No comments:

My Travells