Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Trauma

So went walking yesterday with Lucca and Leche on the Promenade, as I do everyday, but today Bruce joined us. Lucca running around with his ball loving every minute of being there, and Leche trying to run away from the lead I have him on. Bruce got a little distracted and started speaking to someone, and I sort of missioned along, already feeling very sorry for myself, because I am so alone and will die alone and have nobody but my dogs and cant even speak to anybody on the promenade... I hear Lucca give a little yelp in the distance, but when I turn around he is ok and running away from a Labrador, like he always does. He teases big dogs and the minute they turn around he yelps and runs away. Only to see about 5 min later, that he has ANOTHER bite wound on his side. So this is the 4th or 5th time in the past year that Lucca has been bitten. I will supply the stats when I get them. Needless to say I was beside myself again, mainly because he NEVER wants to come to me for some love when he gets bitten...He would rather go to strangers then come to me. Also this morning when I left he was standing by the gate with those big brown eyes, crying for me and running around frantically because the open wound on his side is hurting or itching or burning or something. I feel so helpless when this happens. I want to make it better but there is no way for me to do that, and he cant tell me what is wrong. I think I am more traumatised by his bites than he is. I think I need to take a Valium and take a few days off...

2 comments:

kitty said...

All good at the Hill right now - Lichi Pip sleeping on a chair and Mr Stockings is in his his sleeping bag nodding off :)

yes come home daddy !!

Francois Botha said...

ai shame man. hoop dit gaan gou beter met die hondjie....

My Travells