Saturday, April 12, 2008

Brain Box

I woke up last night at around 1am to find myself on my red, uncomfortable, couch with a aching neck. As I opened my eyes, I saw something on TV. A bizarre experience where a black lady with a posh Nigerian-British accent, was busy telling people to phone now and give her the answer to some riddle. Again, and again. That was her dialogue. "You could win the R60 000 is you phone now....and give me the correct answer". I thought I had slipped into a parallel universe. I pushed the info button to find out this was some late night interactive game show, and although the R60 000 prize was enticing, I could not help but wonder who the hell sits up at 1am on a Saturday morning, specially to watch this crap AND then phone in. The answer to that conundrum came very fast. Some woman from some remote little town phoned in and "took a guessing on whose numberrrs". After the number game the host moved on to the next game. A word guessing game. They scrambled the name of a TV show and you had to guess the answer. They gave you Sart Tekr. Now on this almost impossibly difficult game, this girl on TV did not stand still. She kept on walking from one point to the next and back to keep the background moving.

I think this show should be renamed from Brain Box, to BRAIN DRAIN

No comments:

My Travells