Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The art of driving

It truly is an art to drive in this city. Having to navigate the streets where people decide to get into their cars, but forget to take their IQ's with them. They drive as slow as they can on a one lane road, so you get stuck behind them when you are at your latest, but the minute you go onto a two lane road, they charge ahead so fast, that you cant even change gears fast enough to pass them. Or those individuals who feel they were given the right to just stop in the middle of the road, and turn their hazards on.

But my ultimate favorite are those special individuals who dart over the intersection to go and stop behind the last car, and doing so blocks the intersection, because the light is now red for them, but they cant move. And then they just stare at the car in front of them hoping the car would disappear so they could move forward. But then, when you actually hoot at them, they start to swear at you and ask you what they are supposed to do!!!! I will tell you what to do, wait behind the line.....

Salt River circle....the freaks going to the N2 coming from town, always backs up but still keeps on driving around the circle and block the traffic going up to main road. A Muslim guy once did that and when I hooted, he got out of the car and started walking towards my car. He was about 50, fat, and very out of shape. I was ready. But then all the other cars stated hooting at him, and I got out my car. His eyes grew about 5 times the size they were, and he got back into his car and drove off.

But don't all you Joburg freaks think you are great drivers....at least here in Cape Town, we acknowledge other drivers on the road.

Hey, what would you rather want....me ranting and raving on here, or me getting out and actually killing someone on the road....

Drive safe please...I am out there

No comments:

My Travells