Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The void the Americans left

Now anybody that knows me very well, will know that traditionally I am not very fond of Americans. Granted, my dislike of them has been based on an extremely bad government and horrible foreign relations policies. I have also only been introduced to the travelling Americans who are fat, obnoxious and loud. My reason for never visiting the US, has been a one man protest against their government trying to play policemen to the world, as well as the arrogance of making it nearly impossible to get a visa.

However....this past week and weekend, has made me change my tone completely. I have met the nicest Americans ever, and although they are just as loud as I am, and sometimes talk waaayyyy to fast for me to understand them, they are such sincere and down to earth people. I loved spending time with them, and at the moment am missing them all so much as they are exploring their way through the Kruger National Park.

Add the fact that my closest cousin (brother) is moving to the US after his marriage to one this weekend, means I ma going to have to go there now. And to tell the truth, I cant wait to go and see everybody again.

So to all my new found American friends, I miss you all, and hope to see you all again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a sap.....You silly American lover you :o)

BTW: We will be sending you the words to the Star Spangled Banner and we expect you to know the words by week end!!

van Buuren/Land family

My Travells