Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Great Expectations

So often I am disappointed at people's reactions, and the outcome of a situation that I was sure would go one way, and it goes the other way. I am starting to think, and it has been confirmed by many others in my life, that I have expectations for people that are too high. The problem with this is, I don't think my expectations are that high. My expectations boil down to, what I would consider, normal human behaviour, based on strong moral values. I expect people not to kill each other when they have to break into their house. I expect adults not to rape babies. I expect people not to vote for a corrupt fraudster, who rape woman, just because he is black. I expect people to things for me like I would do for them, house sitting etc. But I get told I expect too much.

So would you have me believe that we have turned into a society of selfish people who just sit around wanting things to be done for them and never wanting to help others or do stuff for others. A society of people who see it as 'normal' to rape, steel, murder, corrupt and break down. A society of youngsters who have no respect for anybody but themselves.

I don't think I will ever lower my expectations. fair enough I might spend the rest of my life being disappointed in people (friends, work colleagues, government, lovers) but I will never lower my expectations. I got taught better by my parents and I expect basic moral upbringing from everybody...Now you all go and change....RIGHT NOW

1 comment:

Tony said...

Here, Here! I've lost faith in nearly everyone :-(

My Travells