Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines day


We not doing much today, but I am getting a nice suprise tonight. We did go to the National Gallery initially to see the William Kentridge exhibition but that was way too boring. At least I got to see my favourite sculpture. This is the Butcher Boys by Jane Alexander. I am not sure what it is about this piece that I love so much, because it is so dark and a little evil looking. Maybe its the fact that is so macab yet gentle in some way. Its like they sit there looking so scary and evil but inside they are longing for someone to touch them and love them. Maybe its that they evoke the evil in all of us and manifests it on the bench so we don't have to be like that. Like a monument of our evil reminding us what we should never be.

No comments:

My Travells