Monday, February 2, 2009

The day of the wedding

Well it finally came along, and after all the stress and panic of the past week, the day turned out memorable. The venue was beautiful and not even the slight breeze (Cape Town kind of breeze) could ruin the day. As Ginger came down the isle, she looked like a wedding book model. She was amazing and even my hard-ass cousin had to subtly wipe a tear away. The message from the priest was so nice and fitting, but the highlight of the ceremony was the singing! Two friends of Chris and Ginger (Tony and Adrienne) sang Come what may from Moulin Rouge. It was so beautiful, with the 12 Apostles mountains in the background. EVERYBODY in the crowd were crying by now, including me. It was magical.

The reception was like a fairytale and even if I must say so myself, my speech went down very well. We had a slight issue with the wedding cake about 1 hour before the ceremony, but between the cake lady and the flower guy, they managed to sort it out and produce the spectacular cake in the picture. (Considering this was created in 45 minutes from scratch, I think it looks great)

Like I predicted, my mom had everybody hanging on her lips by the end of the night with the jokes and the stories.

The Americans were sooo nice. Amazing friends and really nice family. It has been a great weekend and phenomenal wedding and after party and everything else.....

And now my cousin will be moving to the US. He is in very good hands with everybody, and we have got enough free holidays in the US to last us a good few years!!!

No comments:

My Travells