Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Europeans and Religion

I have now met two separate European individuals who tells me it is accepted practice in their country to use Jesus like we use thank you. They use it constantly and without even blinking. I had a little argument with a girl in the office today about it. I asked her to please not do that, and she said no. She said its part of her and I cant ask her to change that. In Ireland everybody says that all the time. She is a Catholic and she says she bows her head every time she says it, but she cant change it. I then explained t her that she is sharing an office with other people and there are some things that are offensive to others. She said to me that me speaking Afrikaans to someone is then offensive to her. I stopped speaking to her, coz I realised that there is no reasoning with her. She has been caught out on something that she as a Catholic knows she is doing wrong, and is therefore defending it coz nobody likes to be told they are wrong. Also using the Afrikaans as being offensive is just a stupid argument.

So I have gathered that most Europeans have a false sense of religion and don't really know who God is as they use His Son's name in vain just as an exclamation.

1 comment:

Tristan said...

And to think that those heathens were the ones that colonised the world and spread the gospel to the furthest corners of the earth?!!!!!

My Travells