Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Battle of the bad DJ's

I was listening to Goodhope FM this morning (Nigel Pierce), and it seemed like a little bit of a Nigel Praise show.... He got people to phone in and tell him how great he is and how he is not a racist and stuff. Very entertaining. It made me think about DJ's and morning shows. I listen to Goodhope FM, not because I like Nigel, but because he is the best of a bad bunch. I can not stand that opinionated, self-righteous Gareth Cliff. He just makes my skin crawl. I don't listen to anything on Kfm, because the station and all on it is just so boring. Not even old people want to listen to Kfm, its mostly housewives from the northern suburbs. Those are the only stations worth listening to, so pick the best of the worst....Nigel Pierce. My issue with him, and about 90% of DJ's on the radio, is that they have completely skipped over their job descriptions, and are just winging it. A DJ is employed to play music on a radio station, maybe give some interesting insight on the next track, or some quirky fact around the artist. But nooooooo. DJ's today are doubling up as politicians, socialites, social scientists and just all round fixers of the world. They want to, and do give their opinion on every single thing on air. They talk so much about crap, believing they are so controversial, that there is almost no more music being played. Now if I wanted to listen to talk radio, and other peoples opinions, I would switch to 567 Cape Talk. I listen to MUSIC radio to hear MUSIC. Get off your boom-box, and switch it on!!!

1 comment:

Tristan said...

We just don't have enough selection. You should get one of those satellite radio things in your car...

My Travells