Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pedestrians

South Africa has a "pedestrians right of way" road law which effectively means you have to give way for pedestrians on the road when they are crossing the road. What the dumb people don't understand, is that this means where they cross the road LEGALLY. So crossing the road in the middle of morning traffic, or against a red light gives me the right to mow them down!!!

This morning I almost killed two coloured girls in Darling street who crossed the street where there wasn't even an intersection. One on her cell phone walking into the road so I had to slam on brakes. The thing that gets me about these monkey crossings, is that they always turn around to you, and start swearing at you and telling you that you were in the wrong.

Yesterday a black man crossed the road while the cars were driving and when the passenger hooted at him, he got agitated and started verbally abusing her. I am concerned for the state of this country when people do something wrong and then blame others for it.

Then we have the strollers.... The ones who stole across the road at a snails pace, even if they are crossing against a red light or in the middle of the road, and look at you with that blank baboon stare when you drive right up at them.

I am taking matters into my own hands from now on and am driving at them and its quote funny to see a few people spatter when you drive at them hooting!!!!

2 comments:

Tony said...

Go Jacob! They really piss me off, too! On my next trip to CPT can you take me for a drive?! :)

Tristan said...

I wouldn't do that if I were you Anthony... you might end up an accomplice
:p

My Travells