Monday, March 16, 2009

Lent

I have decided to give up sarcasm and chocolate for lent. Now I have to explain that in the Dutch Reform Church, we do not take part in this Catholic tradition, however, I have decided to do this for three basic reasons. At first it was in solidarity with Tristan and his Anglican believes, then it changed into a positive aspect in that I wanted to eliminate a brick wall between me and God. i believe my sarcasm sometimes is what stops me form getting closer to God, because it sometimes makes other people feel less worthy. And the third reason is that I am readying myself for my pilgrimage at the end of the year, where I will be forced to endure many feelings of suppression.

My problem is that I am battling with the sarcasm thing. I find it do difficult to stop using sarcasm to communicate with others. This is cause to worry for me. Am I so bad that I can only speak to others by using sarcasm. After having a chat to my father, I felt more comfortable, as about 90% of the time, my sarcasm is in good spirits and meant to lighten up a situation.

I am still battling to stop it for this 46 days....

3 comments:

Tristan said...

It's only 40 days as far as I know... or at least SHOULD be. Christ was tempted by Satan in the desert for 40 days and forty nights. But now looking at it... Sundays are not counted. Damn, so it is 46 days!!!! Suppose Sunday can't count for me, as I usually drink wine at communion...

Anonymous said...

OMW!!! You cannot be serious. Sarcasm, that is the one thing that is definitely going to be hard for you. LOLOLOL!!!!!!! Rushana

Tony said...

Good on you for at least trying. I doubt I could even go a day. I'm not even going to try :-(

My Travells