Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What makes me feel good about myself

I was asked this question by someone last night, and I took most of the evening to think about that. The problem is that there are many many things that I enjoy and that I am passionate about. Travelling is one of them. I love the thrill of getting on a 8+ hour flight to another country, and being in the foreign country and being among other cultures and nations. I love rainy weather. When its cold and rainy I am much more excited and happy. My dogs make me feel good about myself, and just like children, nobody can say anything bad about them to me. I love Africa and African things. When I hear African music my heart swells and my eyes fog up. Angels make me happy. Having them around me all the time makes me feel good. I like having someone to love and spoil. That makes me feel good.

The question is though: What is that one thing that makes me feel good about myself. That one thing that I am so passionate about, that I cant breathe when I talk about it, or I get so excited about it that I cant stop talking. What is that one thing that gives meaning to my life?

I don't think I have found it yet. The closest I get is when I speak about my sister and her amazing life, but not even that is the one thing that makes me feel good about myself.

No comments:

My Travells