Monday, July 28, 2008

The Tea Emporium

Its not often that I find a shop, in a shopping mall, that makes me want to shed a little tear of happiness. I was is Cavendish yesterday to buy some hair wax, and felt a little peckish and in need of a little refreshment. I wondered over to Vida e Cafe, as I usually do, but there were no seats available as they were soooo busy. I took a stroll around the corner, and found the Tea Emporium. What an amazing experience. Its a tea shop, where they make and serve teas only, but the best part is: there is a "sniffing bar" where you got to sniff all the teas they make, and man there are amazing fragrances. Then you can sit down and have a kyusu (Japanese tea pot) of the tea you chose based on your smelling experience.

The lady that owns it has been in the alternative healing industry for many years, and after a trip to Brisbane, discovered tea houses, and started her own. She has the most wonderful flavours of tea, like Caramel Rooibos, Green Teas of all sorts, and then the Cape Town Nights that was specially blended for her, and it is amazing.

Apart from this fantastic experience there, they also have a tea of the month club where you get two free teas every month, along with explanations of the teas and their origins. Then they also have workshops where they teach you about tea and how to identify a good tea from a second class one, and all sorts of little tricks.
This place is truly amazing and a fantastic find for a tea lover like me. Bruce I know you will also like it. So when next you are in Cavendish, go around there and have a sniff and a cup of glorious tea, in the relaxing zen like atmosphere of the Tea Emporium.

3 comments:

Tristan said...

You should find out if they are looking for a sales rep. It sounds like you've already written the beginnings of the sales brochure. :-)

JCLL said...

And that is why I am a sales rep...and if they paid me my salary now...I would LOVE To do sales and marketing for them!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow what a lovely discovery...am a greeen tea addict...need 4/5 cups of green tea in the summer and 9/10 in the winter to pull me though the days...this sniffing experience must be really grt...i can sniff it :)

My Travells