Monday, July 28, 2008

The wedding

Well, I have been trying to hold off with this for as long as I could because at first it wasn't public knowledge, and then after a while I wanted it to be really special and made a big deal about it....but here goes....

Chris is getting married to Ginger......


And its all happening in Cape Town, and at the glorious 12 Apostles, and I am going to be there, and whats more I am BEST MAN (finally someone recognises that I am the best man), and I am so happy I can barely speak....

Ok at first I was crapping myself, coz Chris and Ginger wanted me to help from here with the arrangements, and I was sooooo nervous, coz what if I get something wrong, or what if I suggest something and they didn't like it. Then the flower guy (Blommie) asked me if Chris and I were close, so I said yes, coz I think we are...so he told me to then treat the wedding like its my own, coz I will know what Chris will like. So I did, and now things are going much better.

Quickly a word on the bride. I cant not be happier that Chris has chosen this particular American to marry. She is such an amazing lady, VERY pretty, stunning person, and loves my cousin so much. She is perfect for him. The the groom...Well its Chris....we are all just happy he found a girlfriend and isn't part of my family....tee hee....I am so happy for him coz I can see how happy Ginger makes him, and how much he loves her.

So on to the next hurdle...the best man thing...now being of the persuasion I am, I haven't been exposed to many best man duties. My friends don't tend to get married.....So I am nervous as to what to do and what to say. At least I have the speech sort of under control. Yes Chris I have already started working on the speech.

Guys I am so happy you have asked me to help you out, and am here to do and run as much as you want. I cant wait to see both of you, and for the record Ginger. I was and still am planning to do a daily feature on here for the last week before the wedding...

Love you both madly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh this is so interesting...i do so love weddings...dont worry u will have a ball and also lots of imp being the best man...:)

My Travells