Friday, July 11, 2008

Family

Was watching Brothers & Sisters last night, and got me thinking about family. Family is the most important thing in a persons life. Its the most constant thing and the only grounding you will ever have in your life. Family shapes and moulds you into the person you are. Whether relationships are good or bad, the impact of these relationships are what you carry with you as markings on your psyche forever.

That is why you must always maintain relationships with family and nurture them, even if they hurt you or have hurt you in the past. People who have their families close to them and still don't value them or still don't see them often, really upset me. Its like you have this amazing train set, that has buildings and fields and train stations and is so big it fills a whole room in your house, but you never play with it. You just stand at the door maybe once a month and look at it.

I miss my family so much and am still after 5 years having withdrawal from seeing them 2 - 3 times a week, to maybe once every 3 -4 months.

1 comment:

Tristan said...

Growing up in a broken home like mine might make you change your mind about a few things. For instance, I believe I am the way I am despite my family influence. When you meet my brother you'll understand that we are so different – you'll think we grew up in separate homes. Perhaps it's all our fighting that's made us strong, I know it's the reason we avoid each other as adults.

My Travells