Sunday, May 18, 2008

The lives we touch

We all go through life everyday doing things we do, saying things we say, and not caring about what happens after we have done these things, or said these words. I for one have always said that I say what I feel or think, and if someone doesn't like it, its their problem. I am a free thinking, free speaking individual that has my own thoughts and actions. But what if the things we say and do really influence others in a way that is irreparable. What if the Butterfly effect was real, and our actions spiral into a major event with global consequences? I cant believe that much, but what I do believe, is my actions affect those around me. If I sleep away from home one night, my dogs get unsettled, if I say something to a friend, about a friend, they will form an opinion of this friend. So maybe I can learn to just think before I do something, or just think before I say something. I wont change the world, and I will still be a free thinking, free speaking individual, but one with a far reaching, moral and social conscious. I like that.

No comments:

My Travells