Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Chronicles of Lucca

So for everybody that is interested, here follows the chronicles of Lucca's bites over the past year:

June 2007:
The first time. De Waal Park. It was traumatic for Lucca but even more so for me. Some mixed breed mongrel thing chased him around and when I saw the chasing is getting a little too intense, I tried to pick Lucca up. That was when the other dog bit him, and hung on. I eventually had to hit it on the head to get it off. After advise from other dog owners in the park, I got the owners details whose reaction was : "but are you sure my dog actually bit yours.".......no him hanging onto my dogs skin was my imagination. I got hysterical and swore her and her dog so that all the water in all the oceans would never be able to cleanse them again.

February 2008:
De Waal Park. We just got to the park on this sunny afternoon. Lucca did his usual running around and as he ran past a big Lab / Retriever looking dog, the dog just nipped at him, and in the run-by, took a bite out of him. I again, in a state, went to the owner and got her details. She was much nicer and said she would pay for the vet bill, but I had to take Lucca to her vet. I didn't because Lucca's doctor knows him and knows how he reacts.

March 2008:
Mouille Point Promenade. The second would had barely healed, when we were walking on the promenade, and there was a Border Collie who was playing with his ball. Lucca saw the game and started to play with the Collie. The Collie did not like this and nipped him once over the face, and once on the back leg. Another open wound. This time I was much more relaxed and the owner of the Collie paid me without even asking any questions.

April 2008:
Mouille Point Promenade. Not even a month after the third bite, we were on our way back to the car when another run-by bite occurred. This time neither Lucca nor I were phased. We both just walked to the car and went home.

Its not going to take long before you can read the entire encyclopaedia in brail on my dogs

No comments:

My Travells