Friday, May 9, 2008

Kismet


Its a real winters day, and I am sitting with my Barcelona beanie on in the office, but I still don't look as hot in it. ;-) This weather always makes me a little melancholy, so I started thinking about Bruce and Kismet. No, I am not in love with Bruce, although he is MADLY in love with me. JOKES. I am of course referring to rejection. It is the worse thing in the world. There is truly nothing worse than that....Well except maybe for getting your nether region caught in a vice, but how that will ever happen, I am not sure. I have introduced Bruce to the word Kismet, but I am a little weary of using it myself. When is it Kismet that you are with someone. When is it pre-ordained, when do we hand it over to our Higher Power and "let go, and let God"?

I strongly believe in soul mates, but I am not sure I believe in Kismet. The odds are too high. I find it difficult that destiny, or the universe or our Higher Power has put every single persons soul mate in the same city or even country as them, as about 90% of humans only ever date people in their own city. Think about it. Everybody in the world has their soul mate in the same place as them. Its just not possible Linda!!!!

So where does this all lead me to? I think Kismet is a nice way to keep us occupied until we meet someone that we can be with for the rest of our lives. Some of us are lucky enough to have met their soul mates, and an even smaller percentage of us are lucky enough to have their soul mate as their love partner (but thats a whole other Oprah story). So my advise is....just keep swimming, just keep swimming...keep on that dating train and keep meeting people and keep on getting your heart broken. I for one would not want to be with someone whose heart is still in tact. They will not know how to fell, how to cry, how to fear, how to live, and I dont want to have a partner who cant feel anything. Soul mate or Love mate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to believe for my own sanity that our soul mates are there and we just have to meet them, although am getting more jaded as the days go by, why do people let small things like race, sex, age etc..get in the way of them being happy..........am just tired.

Bruce said...

I believe that we all have soulmates but very rarely are they our lovers. A soulmate is waiting for you on the other side. The perfect reflection of Love and understanding. I doubt you even need to meet during your lifespan on earth. A Lover is someone who you adore with every fibre of your being but also someone who you don't fully understand. A person who pushes your buttons, stretches you and even hurts you a little from time to time. This person is there to help you grow and to teach you about boundaries, limitation and the true meaning of Love. Forgiveness and compassion. Also you can have more than one Love in a life time but only one soul mate in all your life times. A soulmate knows your inner truth and cannot offer you these gifts which only a Lover can. A Lover can and often must eventually be replaced but your soulmate is always with you.

My Travells