Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Paulo Coelho

I am reading The Valkarys. Its about Paulo who goes in search of his guarding angel. I love the books Paulo writes. He has so much insight and is such an amazing person who writes the most amazing things. Although I am only in the beginning of the book, he has already taught me one thing. In the book his wife gets taught to "look at the horizon". Its very complicated in the book but what it means to me is to stop walking around with my head hanging down looking at the floor. We have to look up and look around us and take in everything we can. As humans we walk around with our heads down and don't look up. We miss so many opportunities and people and don't have enough interaction with others when we look down all the time. My lesson from this book is to interact more and with others and take in my environment. To look at the horizon. This way I can open myself up to new things and see more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love coelho....just finished reading brida where he talks about soulmate....

as for walking with our head up....i do that a lot...i love watching the scene and the people, so much so that i keep bumping into people or keep missing my steps or something or the other...:)

My Travells