Monday, January 12, 2009

Disabled Parking


I am not sure why this is such a big issue to me, maybe because it is something close to my heart. I find it so unbelievably arrogant that the most of us have no problem with driving around looking for a place to park, even if it means driving around for longer and parking further away, and then there are the select few individuals who just don't care. I am talking about the young Indian guys who drive the Tazz with the bright silver rims and the tinted windows, the older black lady in her very large Merc or BMW, and of course the extremely irritating middle aged Jewish princess in her 4x4. They have all been ordained by some sort of arrogance, ailment or illusive mother, which allows them to park on the disabled parking spots. What is it that gives these freaks the right to park there? What do they think it is that makes them more special than us.


I partly blame the institutions where these parking bays are situated. They just don't take any control over the people who park and just don't punish them enough. I was at a local gym on Friday, and while walking in, a member of staff and her boyfriend (Tazz) parked on the disabled parking bay and walked in to the gym. I got in before them and told the receptionist that their own member of staff is parked there, and she just giggled and said: "we are going to have to speak to them about that", and never did anything.


Well done Virgin Active Sea Point, for doing your civil duty so well!!!!!

2 comments:

Tristan said...

Don't they realise that parking there is tempting fate? I've always thought that if they have no reason for legitimately parking there, someone should give them one by breaking their kneecaps!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tristan, I feel that some people will only learn by having the same experience. So the people parking on a disabled parking without having a movment disability should get one. That is the reason I can't get a gun licence.

My Travells