Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Four Families and a Wedding....

The wedding is now looming as there are only 2 days to go before the big day. The happy couple met the priest last night and he roped Ginger into singing in the church on Sunday. Well done!!! I spoke to her afterwards and her words were... "So I will have a little to drink at the wedding, then on Saturday night I will get plastered (At the J&B Met) and on Sunday I will sing in the church with a hangover...its like college all over again...."

I can not tell you how much I like this girl. She is so cool, and such a laugh and of course agreeing to sing in my church, scored HUGE brownie points.

So my folks and the grooms' father and step mom are on their way from Johannesburg, and we are going for the rehearsal dinner on Thursday night. This is an American thing where all the families get together and meet each other before the wedding. So I realised during this week, there will be four different families meeting each other.

There is Ginger's mom, a very nice quiet, suburbian looking woman, who listens allot and doesn't say too much unless she has something of value to add to the conversation.

There is Ginger's dad who is a mid American bloke who says what he wants when he wants to, is loud and doesn't care (allot like our family), and his new wife, who doesn't speak....ever....

Then there is Chris's mom and his step dad, who have been together for almost 30 years now. She used to be as loud as the rest and a party animal, but has had to calm down as her husband is not.

Chris's dad who is allot like Gingers' dad, in fact a hell of allot like that, and his new wife, who also doesn't speak too much.

Then there is my mom, who is worth a mention, because she is my mom, but also because, like me, she will probably take over the rehearsal dinner, make everybody feel at home by cracking the first uncomfortable joke, and from there on everybody will love her and want to sit next to her.

I cant wait for the wedding!!!!!!

1 comment:

Tristan said...

Can I book the seat next to your mom please?

My Travells