Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life with a "Do Over"

Last night on a TV program, it was remarked that someone wished life came with a "do over", implying that they want to change things that has happened in the past. I don't want or need a do over. According to me, everything in your life happens for a reason that is not visible to you right at that moment, but it is for the greater good and works towards something else later on in your life. Yes, of course not everything is nice and good and great, but even those hurtful things are there for a reason. Like my sisters accident. Yes it was a very hurtful and trying time in my, and our lives, but if it wasn't for that, she would never have met her husband and I would never have had a beautiful niece. As for all the breakups I went through in my life. They were heart wrenching, but if it weren't for them, I would never have met Tristan. God has a plan for us, and everything falls into his plan. It might not always fall into our plan but he knows best. So no do overs for me thank you, I need all the happiness, pain, crying and laughter that has been in my life. Its what has made me who I am today and put me in touch with some amazing people I have met.

1 comment:

Lady D said...

you are right ...
you learn from all the good bad and ugly things in your life.

I do sometimes wish that I had had just a little bit more insight into some actions in the past. Just to make the trip a tad easier...

My Travells