Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My first day in Johannesburg

I forget what people are like in Johnnesburg. This morning I was a little early for my first appointment, so I went to the closest Virgin Active for a coffee and muffin. While I was sitting there, I noticed three guys sitting down, obviously after their morning gym session. They were around late forties and loud. Next all their wives started joining them. Very quickly the group grew to around 10 people. The thing is they were all chatting and this was obviously a ritual, as all the staff knew them and brought them all their "usual". I have never seen so many bangles and earrings and gold rings in my life. That was on the men. The woman came from their aerobics class and had no jewelry on. The men had bangles, gold rings, gold chains and earrings. All men over 40. I had such a big laugh. Joburg straight men from the east rand are sooooo funny.

1 comment:

Tristan said...

And they probably all meet up at the Italian Club in the evening...

My Travells