Thursday, April 2, 2009

Its that time again

On the 22 April 2009, South Africans will put on a show once again. A show for the entertainment of the uncorrupted few and the international community. This play will be entirely make believe and will be called....National Elections 2009.

Yes it will be a sham. Although earmarked as the most important election since the 1994 democratic one, it will not be a true reflection of what the people feel and want. For once there is a proper black opposition party in the form of COPE (Congress of the People) who is rumoured to have split the ANC vote in half. That leaves space for other opposition parties to take the country back form the clutches of the corrupt "swart gevaar" (black danger). The problem however arises in our glorious, but dumb rural areas, where promises by the ANC of houses, jobs and money will force the rural majority to vote for the ANC...again.

So where does that place me. Honestly I have no idea.

I want to vote with my heart and vote what I truly believe to be the only way forward for us, but unfortunately my party will never get any seats. So, do I vote for a party just because they are the biggest, or most affluent opposition to the ANC, even if I don't agree with their politics. Would my once vote, casted according to my heart, really matter towards the greater good of the nation. The dilemma is that if everybody said that, the opposition might not get any votes at all.

Politics has always interested me, but I must say, at the moment, I must go with my heart when I vote and I must be true to what I believe intrinsically to be right. That will mean that "Godzilla" does not get my vote. For the first time ever I am torn between voting with my heart and voting with my head.

WHAT OT DO!!!!!

2 comments:

Tristan said...

Vote with your head, not your heart. It's similar to gambling in that respect. If you followed your heart you'd soon bankrupt yourself.

Tony said...

Vote 1 - Jacob Zuma :-)

My Travells