Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Rituals


I went to midnight mass last night at St Gorges Catheral, the Anglican one. This morning I woke up at 6:30 to join a coloured evangalistic church, a german church and another kind I could not quite figure out, on top of Signal Hill to great the sunrise with horns blowing and people proclaiming Jesus has risen! I do this for a few reasons. I do this because I like to get exposed to different variations of my religion, I do this to worship God in my own way, but mostly I do this for Hope. I went searching this weekend, in all these places, for Hope. Hope for our country and its people. I have believed for a while now that our nation is a group of 'alternative' seeking, non believing, ego-centric people who don't even know what Easter means, apart from getting easter eggs. What I have found, is that there is a lot of Hope left in this city, in this country. There are so many, young and old, who are not afraid to ring a bell in a church to celebrate that Jesus has risen. There are many, young and old, who are not afraid to scream from Signal Hill and blow on horns to celebrate that Jesus has risen. And that is the Hope I am looking for. The Hope that our nation is not lost in the rest of the world's search for an 'alternative' to one true God!

1 comment:

Tony said...

I hope you both had a happy and Holy Easter x

My Travells