Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Death and a funeral

Tomorrow morning I am attending a funeral of an aunt of mine. An aunt who I lived with when I first moved to Cape Town. Someone that I haven't seen in a very long time, due to distance, and change. She has not been the same person for the past few years as I had know before, and me being the person I am, does not like to see people who wont recognise me, and who are so frail and sick. I know it might be selfish of me, but I rather want to remember the original, and not the over copied version.

To top it all off, I haven't been to a family funeral, or a funeral of a loved one for a very long while, and with everything that is happening in my life at the moment, I am not sure I will be able to cope well.

So with my guilt of not spending time with my aunt in her last few years, and the pending sadness in me at the moment, I will go to the funeral and try and be strong.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Christiaan van "Hotspur" said...

Wie se begafnis gaan jy toe Jacob?

Tony said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. I will keep her ... and you of course ... in my prayers

My Travells