Thursday, November 20, 2008

So you think you can move me....

One of my all time ever favourite TV shows, is So you think you can dance. Not the silly South African one with that over groomed gay judge who thinks he is the most fantastic thing alive. I ma talking about the highly talented, very entertaining American one. (for everybody with only welfare TV channels, its on the series channel on DSTV) They have the most amazing dancers and even more amazing choreographers. There is one that just stands out above the rest. Mia Michaels. She moves me in ways that no other woman has ever done. She creates the most amazing dance fantasies and takes you to places where you never thought you could go. Her sets are so emotive and passionate and she pours her entire soul into what she does. One of her sets has been nominated for an Emmy. Park Bench. Another one that really got my heart strings going was Time. This season she has done it again. She choreographed a set with two lovers fighting in bed, that just blew me away. I think she is the most influential individual in dance at the moment. And she moves me....constantly....

No comments:

My Travells