Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Waiting Game


Why is it that in this country, people can never get back to you when they say they will. Do we really have such a huge problem in the service industry that we have to wait for EVERYTHING. I have applied for a few jobs. I went to the interviews, and in the one interview, I was told they will decide in 2 weeks. In the 3rd week, I had to phone them to ask them what was going on. I didn't get the job. Same thing again. In another interview on Friday last week, I was told I will get an answer from them on Monday evening the latest. I had to email them on Tuesday evening and ask them what was happening, to which they told me that they will make a decision on Wednesday. Needless to say it is now Thursday, and I have not heard from them.

If it is a case of me not being the chosen candidate, and they don't have the heart to tell me, then we have a slight problem. We are talking about Sales Managers in rather big companies who can not tell a candidate they are not the one. Pathetic.

If it is a case of "oh we will get to that still", then I feel really sorry for the poor FF (Football Foreigners) coming to this country, because our service industry is in dire need of some FIRE.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM???

1 comment:

wozzel said...

eish. I know what you mean, the fact remains, service is NOT what it used to be.

My Travells