Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscar night


Tonight is the screening of the Oscars that happened in Hollywood last night. If you want to watch is tonight on TV, and don't want to hear anything about winning, go to another blog now........


Firstly, I don't understand why MNet decided it was a good idea to screen the Oscars tonight INSTEAD OF Grey's Anatomy. Do they really think there are that many South Africans who care about the Oscars, that they can just bulldoze Grey's. What are we supposed to do tonight???

Then. I saw Avatar, and thought it was good. Was it the best movie I have ever seen.... No. Was it worth winning an Oscar for the best movie this year.... No. However. I am pretty sure that the whole world is sick and tired of hearing about America's glorious war in Afghanistan. The movie that won best picture and best director is The Hurt Locker. Yet another movie about the reason why America is in Afghanistan, or how they are saving so many lives in Afghanistan...I mean who really gives a toss????

Yes I did not think that Avatar was the best movie ever, but I am pretty sure it was better than another American war movie.

The fact that Avatar was the highest grossing movie of all time, also doesn't hold much water with me. That just means that their marketing machine was working well.

So tonight I have to watch how the Americans glorify themselves and justify their war in Afghanistan AGAIN, instead of watching Dr's fight about who is going to take out a spleen.

No comments:

My Travells