Monday, March 15, 2010

Rugby Idols


Since I was a wee lad, I have held one rugby player in very high esteem. He has been my idol for ever, and I even played the same number as he did in school. This idol of mine has always been James Small. He was a fantastic rugby player and yes, a bit of eye candy also. As I was growing up and the then Super 12 was on, I grew more and more fond of an All Black player, Carlos Spencer. He was a phenomenal rugby player and even hotter than James Small.

However, since both of them no longer play rugby, I have had to find a new idol, and there was no way that I was going to go for the talent-less Francois Steyn, or the bull-in-a-china-shop Schalk Burger. So it was only after watching the Sharks - Brumbies match, that I finally found my new idol.

RUAN PIENAAR. He is the best scrum half we have at the moment. He carried the match on Saturday, even though we lost...AGAIN. He is a great rugby player and is really something to look at too. Thanks Ruan, for making my rugby watching experience so much more tolerable.

No comments:

My Travells