Friday, March 19, 2010

Fair Play


I am not a perfect person, I know I have faults (Lots of them), but the one thing I try and enforce in my life is fair play. Being fair to me means everything. This translates to when standing in a Que, and everybody there have been standing for a very long time, I will not jump the Que because I know someone in the front. The same goes for driving. When a turn off on the freeway is backed up (M5 off the N1), and you can see that everybody is standing and have been for a while, I will not drive to the front and push in. Even if it is legal and my indicator is on. Its just not fair play.

The problem with that is that I unfortunately expect everybody else to do the same thing. That is why, when I stoped at the busy petrol station this morning, and allowed the guy to help a lady that arrived before I did, I expected the lady in the Merc that arrived after I did to do the same. However, the attendant ran to her car, and she opened the petrol tank for him. Then when I got out and told him I was there first and he should help me first, both of them (the attendant and the driver) stared at me as if I had an infectious decease.

This is when I realised that humans as a species, are extremely selfish, self-righteous, scheming and chancing. We will try and take a chance whenever and where ever we can, even if it is to the detriment of someone else, and this is why I will always be disappointed.

No comments:

My Travells