Thursday, September 30, 2010

Gym etiquette

This week has been extremely funny at gym again. Going to the gym I go to in Cape Town, I am not as exposed to the conceited, gay/straight men who go to gym to brag and show off. Here in Joburg it is a little different. The gym in Houghton (we all know which one it is) is filled with self centered conceited men both gay and straight who walk around the gym showing off their muscles and pretending to be so important. Then I went to the same group but in another area where there are loads of school kids who go there after school. I was on one of the cardio machines when I glanced over at another machine where a young boy was on. He was about 8 and had the earphones plugged into the machine so he could hear what was going on on TV. He was clearly watching a cartoon channel because he was screaming with laughter and at the same time running at full speed on the machine laughing and shrieking. I could not help but think how funny this kid would have been in the other gym. While all the stay puff boys walk around gym taking themselves soooo serious, he is laughing as loud as he can and playing on the machine.....

DON'T TAKE YOURSELVES SO SERIOUS!!!! It's just gym. A big body means nothing in the real life. If you don't have a brain (which very few of you have) it means nothing. Have some fun at gym.

No comments:

My Travells