Friday, December 5, 2008

'Tis the season

Last night was our company head office end of year function. Yes, it is that time of the year again. I, fortunately, did not attend due to various reasons. One of which is that I don't socialize with work colleagues. No need for that. Another is that no partners were allowed, and I see absolutely no need to go out with work folk, if I cant bring my partner along. I see them everyday, and it is nice to meet everybody's partners. However, because it was the event last night, have of head office strolled into the office at 10:00, and then still didn't stop talking about what happened last night, as if they weren't there and now they are telling each other about it. Now I cant say for sure that I would not be as excited about it, had I been there, but at least I would be working today. They are all either nursing hangovers, or telling each other how drunk they were. Another trait of drinkers I love so much. They have no lives, so they drink at night, and then in the morning they tell each other how much they drank. Just like drug takers. Moving along..... So I cant speak to any clients over the phone until at least 12:00 when they have all settled down and I can hold a conversation. Also I am now branded as the boring kill-joy because a) I wasn't there last night and 2) I am the only one working this morning and not going on and on and on about the night last night and my alcohol consumption.

GROW UP AND GET BACK TO WORK

1 comment:

Tristan said...

I hereby lodge a formal complaint.
Buuuuuuuurp!

My Travells