Thursday, December 25, 2008

Midnight mass


For the first time in my life I went to midnight mass on Christmas Eve, in the majestic St Georges Cathedral. What an enlightned experience. We were lucky enough to have Desmund Tutu presiding over the service. He is such funny little old guy, and his sermon was very spiritual and had a very comforting message. Afterwards we took communion and there was a whole misunderstanding with Tristan and the wafer and the wine, and eventually the lay minister had to bark at Tristan to 'eat!'. It was very special doing that over midnight. Now it is morning and I am getting ready for my church service, after getting to bed armound 1:30 and being woken up at 4:30 and 6:30 by my sister and the neighbours, in that order. Even though my family is so far away on this most special day, I still love Christmas.

No comments:

My Travells